SALES MANAGER – SOLAR ROOFTOP
Based in VIETNAM
Formative Search has begun working closely with one of the world’s largest Oil and Gas companies, whom are spending billions to become a truly diversified energy giant, promoting the use of Renewable Energy. Making the move to cleaner energy, they are providing Solar Energy to Fortune 500 brands, MNCs, and SMEs all around the glove. They are doing this through their unique Solar Rooftop solutions being installed on multiple facilities and locations for their corporate and industrial clients.
In Asia, where the focus of this energy transition is taking place, they have engaged us on a search for a Sales Manager to build up their Vietnam business. The Sales Manager will be leading the C&I Solar initiative across this amazing country.
As a Sales Manager you will be responsible for:
· Analyzing the market and renewable energy policy in Vietnam to identify attractive customers.
· Identifying effective ways to connect directly with customers at the factory level and senior management (C-level) and building long-term relationships
· Coordinating with technical teams internally and externally.
· Negotiating with the team high-value contracts and help bring them to a close.
· Selling the Commercial & Industrial (C&I) business, including but not limited to marketing, business development, sales and service.
· Developing accurate segmentation and targeting of the market including identification of customer and market opportunities, establishing balance of long-term pipeline and short-term revenue.
· Developing professional network to ensure the company is being recommended and introduced to strategic opportunities.
· Identifying and target strategic clients and projects, establish long-term & trustful relationships with customers.
· Participating in project team to effectively implement the customer and project plans. Be flexible and proactive to deal with complex situations and achieve sales targets.
· Working closely with local and national government to fully understand and map solar energy development plans.
· Monitoring key economic drivers for each opportunity, managing internal resources to prepare bids and submit offers for the solar projects.
What do you need to have in your previous experience?
· Minimum bachelor’s degree in a business development relevant field from an accredited university.
· 3-5 years of sales/business development experience positioning sophisticated solutions and cost-benefit analyses.
· Excellent communication skills and good technical knowledge, coupled with a dynamic approach to sales. Success-oriented.
· Self-motivated, capable of working independently with minimal oversight
· Must be fluent in English and Vietnamese (both oral and written), other ASEAN languages a distinct advantage;
· Working in dynamic and fast-pace “start-up” environment – the person hired is the first employee of the company’s entity in Vietnam
· Good understanding of the energy market and key players in Vietnam, as well as the policy outlook.